A good first impression with a business card design always goes a long way. Luckily, there are a few of things you can do to make sure that you get people’s attention and approval. One great and effective way to do so is by having unique and creative business card design.
Wherever you go, it is advisable to have a self-promotional material within easy reach. Who knows, you might bump into an old college friend who can potentially be a business partner while doing groceries. When it comes to probable business partners, you would want to leave a good impression. Business cards a like mini billboards, here are a few things to consider.
- Steer clear from borders. Borders can add a bit more appeal to your card but when cards are cut, there might be lop-sided edges. Bear in mind that all printers have that margin of error for cutting your cards which can be as much as a few millimeters. So, some variance should be expected where the blade falls. You can have your graphics or backgrounds continue to the edge of the card for a cleaner design, just be sure to include 1/8″ bleeds.
- Choose complementary colors. These are colors that are aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Colors that are too bright or bold can make your business card stand out but for the wrong reason. Also, think beyond business cards and always keep a consistent color scheme throughout your promotional materials and media which can include your company’s website, email signature, logo, social media profiles and the like. You always want to send out a professional image of yourself at all times.
- Male sure that text is readable. You surely do not want your clients to strain their eyes just to get a glimpse of your website, email or other contact details. Make sure your text is at least 8 pt, in a clear readable font and in bold color. Anything smaller than 8 pt may look fine on your monitor, but may be printed as a blurry line.
- Do not forget important information. Make sure you include all the information on the back of your card that you think the client would find useful which can include your name, what you do, contact information and QR code.
- If you have no interest in creating your own business card design, contact us for a creative layout.
Make sure that your business card design turns out to be how you expect it to be and deliver the proper attention and approval.